New package installation page format

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 07:12:03 PST 2003

On January 1, 2003 08:09 am, Ian Molton wrote:
> > 1) Short description: what Glibc is and the files it contains (no
> > individual descriptions, they are in Appendix A as usual)
> > 2) Installation depedencies
> > 3) Installation instructions
>
> Reverse 2 and 3 please.

I think the current way flows more logically. First you get to see what's in
it, then you get to see what you need to have installed before you can use
it, then you go install it.

Maybe for the LFS book it's not as much as an issue as it would be for the
BLFS book because LFS is done in sequence (normally speaking anyways), but a
book like BLFS might benefit more from this.

However, I still think the format is nice and logical. Albeit you need to
scroll down more before you get to the 'good stuff'.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org