New package installation page format

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Jan 1 07:36:02 PST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Ian Molton wrote:

>On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 15:15:00 +0000 (UTC)
>lfsbill at wlmcs.com (Bill Maltby - LFS Related) wrote:
>

>> I like it the way it is (except for the type ;)  ). One of the things
>> we have always complained about is new users skipping right to the
>> commands and not reading the accompanying text.
>
>Im suggesting the dependencies go after the commands, not the commands
>going before the description!

Yes. I just feel that a good part of what is being taught has to do with
how packages/programs depend on each other. But, without descriptions
right there, it may not be as beneficial. Even so, I think a new user
encountering the dependencies before becoming mired in the detail of the
instructions and commands may acquire and retain a small bit of wisdom
there, or maybe even do some kind of research/checking (don't ask *me*
what kind) before proceeding.

Its not a "show stopper" issue for me, quite minor.

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org