New package installation page format

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 07:40:20 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On January 1, 2003 08:24 am, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>

>>Yes that would make sense now.
>>

>Have a look at:
>http://linuxfromscratch.org/~gerard/new-lfs-layout/glibc-v3.html

:) Look good.

Another suggestion (which I also mentioned yesterday), how about URL's
(just a URL to the Homepage or the FM page will do). This will mainly be
useful for people who already have an installed LFS and are looking at
upgrading packages to be on the bleeding edge as and when they are
updated in the CVS. They can just go click-click-click and download the
new package, check out the instructions and upgrade.

BTW, I still think Ch 4 is not neccessary, lfscmd can include an option
to generate the download list for the packages. But the above can be
done in addition to Ch 4.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/