New package installation page format

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jan 1 07:44:18 PST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 15:23:18 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> On January 1, 2003 08:20 am, Ian Molton wrote:
> > Well, its a guide book. I think it should guide, then inform.
>
> That's a  matter of opinion. I don't agree. That's ok but we probably
> will never agree.

What kind of book do you think it is, if not a guide?

> > I use the book both as a source of information AND a quick list of
> > cut-n-paste commands. having to scroll will slow me down a LOT.
>
> Well, you're out of luck for quick cut-n-paste now anyways

I've just gone to look. I have to say... YUCK! the book has gone from
moderately concise lanuguage with all the commands in one place to a
horrible 'chatty' type of format with text interspersing the commands.

I dont like that at all.

> so you'd be using Timothy's lfscmd creation so all's good again.

never tried that.

IMHO the book has lost a very useful feature.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org