After glibc-pass2, need to change path inform chroot old way may not work anymore

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 08:15:40 PST 2003

Well the subject says it all...

after glibc-pass2 without the glibc patch, /static/bin/bash may not work
anymore (mind doens't as my host was a glibc-2.2.5 system) so if you exit
chroot after the second GLibc install you can't enter chroot anymore with the
commands at the beginning of chapter 6. We also have to change $PATH when
exec'ing /bin/bash after the 2nd Glibc so /static isn't in $PATH anymore.

So we might want to add a new chroot page after 2nd Glibc showing a new chroot
command with modified path and so forth.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org