New package installation page format

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 08:26:32 PST 2003

On January 1, 2003 09:18 am, Ian Molton wrote:
> Well, if it does go this way, can we /please/ avoid the chatty style?

And go back to a large chunk of copy-n-paste material? That would totally
defeat the purpose.

I am convinced this is the best way to go. I back this up by lots of other
installation guides. They list one or two commands then explain the rationale
behind it (or first explain then the command to follow, which is the same
thing). It's a lot easier to understand what's going on that way than.

Anyways I'm not going to defend the reasoning behind it. I've done it enough
over the last weeks already so this'll be the end of it. We just don't agree,
and there's no way around it.

PS: with the new XML format maybe we can work something out that if you apply
your own stylesheet it'll put all your install commands in one section so you
can copy-n-paste it again. It's a viable solution so who knows.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org