New package installation page format

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jan 1 08:38:34 PST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 16:26:54 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> > Well, if it does go this way, can we /please/ avoid the chatty
> > style?
>
> And go back to a large chunk of copy-n-paste material? That would
> totally defeat the purpose.

no, what I meant was if you MUST intersperse the commands (making the
book unable to cutnpaste and far less useful to me) then at least use
more precise language, like:

A configuration file for xxx must be created, in order for yyy to work
correctly:

<command>

Rather than:

Hey, its a nice day isnt it? Ok, lets create a configuration file for
xxx because yyy likes it better:

<command>
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org