Time to upgrade to bash-2.05b?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 12:48:59 PST 2003

On January 1, 2003 01:44 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> IMHO, we should upgrade (and include the switch mentioned above as a
> workaround). I've been building LFS's this way for a few months now without
> problem.

Why not make the switch default if it's only for $LFS/static/bin/bash. I mean
we pass --disable-nls now because it causes static link problmes on some
systems, so why not pass --disable-bash-malloc because it might cause static
run (instead of link) problems on some systems. Saves us all some time. The
explanation of this switch will naturally give people a clue that they can
omit if if they want to try it out (and that works even better with the new
installation pages layout coming up).

> I've taken the current patches and combined them into the 1 patch which
> I've attached.

Added note to bugzilla, will do some testing.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org