symlink to /proc/mounts

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed Jan 1 13:23:59 PST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On January 1, 2003 01:25 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
>> I've employed the steps as outlined in the mtab hintC[...]

>Make up your minds please {;o) (just kidding of course)
>
>> Also, the fact that Andries (the mount maintainer) has taken the time out
>> to make comment on the issue, well, that says it all for me.
>
>Sure I take it under consideration, just like I do with most everything else.
>I'm not going to change the book on a moments notice, not even if Linus
>himself comes by and complains about the symlink.
>
>I'm sure Seth will be happy if I finally budge. He's been lobbying to get the
>change undone for many moons now.
>
>In the end I don't care. [...] the current one. So whatever the majority
>thinks I guess will just happen. At this point I couldn't care less
>anymore.
>
>Poll time?

I say don't poll. Just starts the round of args again. Consider what you
know, experience, concern for (non)mainstreamness (if any) and your
educational goals. If your book has done its job, folks who want it
different from what you show will (eventually) know how.

As for me, I vote ...  heh-heh you thought I was going to vote, didn't
you!

--
Bill Maltby
lfsbill at wlmcs.com