symlink to /proc/mounts

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Wed Jan 1 13:56:16 PST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 07:25:54 +1100 Greg Schafer <gschafer at zip.com.au>
wrote:

> FWIW Gerard, I was a fan of the symlink when it was first introduced.
> But now that I've used it for a year or so, and have discovered all the
> disadvantages, I've moved back to the old method

I, too, was a strong supporter of the symlink but, although I still use
the symlink and consider it the right option for my needs, I now believe
the LFS book should go with the traditional mtab file.

MSB

--
Where...the ENIAC is equipped with 18000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons,
computers in the future may have 1000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh just

Popular Mechanics, March 1949, p.258

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org