symlink to /proc/mounts

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Jan 1 17:30:41 PST 2003

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003 23:14:50 +0000 (UTC)
richard at nezumi.plus.com (Richard Lightman) wrote:

> > Mount writes information to /etc/mtab. Some, but not all
> > of this information is found in /proc/mounts.
> >
> Well fix it ;-). Create a kernel patch to allow mount to install
> additional information in /proc/mounts.

I never got round to implementing my solution to the 'loopback device
under symlinked /etc/mtab' problem.

basically I was going to allow 'named loopback devices' to be created so
that mount could intelligently umount loopback devices when you
unmounted the fs that was on them.

its probably a very trivial kernel mod. I should look into it again
someday...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org