List Information Updates (Was: Re: MailingList <==> NewsGroup Suggestion(s))

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Wed Jan 1 18:28:15 PST 2003

> On December 23, 2002 08:19 pm, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> >
> > Gerard, could you take care of these when you get a moment?
>
> Your original email is still marked 'unread' (which in my terminology means
> 'undealt with', as opposed to 'new' emails which are indeed 'newly unread')
> and I'm reminded of it every time I check this list ;)
>
> So, you haven't been forgotten.

I actually don't mind being forgotten. I'm a fan of the Linus style
"do it now or drop it until you send it again" queue management.
It doesn't cost me anything since i have to keep track of stuff i
submit anyway in case of slips tween here and there, and it helps
me because it means that i can make my work more likely to go in
promptly by making it easier to merge. It also means that my work
doesn't get buried inextricably buried beneath a pile of poorly
maintained patches.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org