New package installation page format

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 1 19:15:49 PST 2003

On January 1, 2003 08:04 pm, James Robertson wrote:
> > I think it was complete overkill. 99% of those commands were self
> > explanatory.
> >
> > :-(((
>
> For the repetitive commands, yes I agree.  Introduce them once and then
> rely on the reader to remember what they read already.  Patches are more
> difficult and I like the way that Gerard explained the Glibc patch in his
> samples.

Yes of course. We would still follow the current method: explain a new command
or construction the first time it occurs then not again. So quite a bit of
chapter 6 is basically ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install .
Those will most likely end up in a block with a line or two preceding saying
"Install it by runing"

There's no need to rehash the obvious.
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org