LFS book 4.1 cvs .. 1 January

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Thu Jan 2 03:23:18 PST 2003

glibc-2.3.1

The book does not allow for those building from a base system that has a
clean glibc-2.3.1.  It seems illogical to taint the library wih the
__ctype stuff; only to have to build it again.  Some patch is needed to
replace the sed things for perl/root.

I suggest that glibc-2.3.1.patch is split; one compulsory, to replace the
sed; the other for the __ctype hack.  Those using a clean glibc-2.3.1
would just use the perl/root patch, and would not need to build glibc
again.

lilo, (or grub)

There is no method to boot an LFS system, when built from a base system
running from a CD.  I posted some words about this, lfs-book 19.12.02.
I would like to see some mention of running  lilo -C  in the chroot
environment.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org