New package installation page format

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Jan 2 12:30:48 PST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:15:25 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> On January 1, 2003 08:59 pm, Ian Molton wrote:
> > Correct, I dont like it. but just because /you/ happen to like it
> > doesnt make it a better teaching method either.
>
> In my eyes it does

Thats more like it :)

> and I'm the one who has to make the final decision.
> So if all fails I'll just revert to "it'll happen because I say so".

At least if you said that I would be able to accept that. I just find
things hard to accept when people rationalise them by saying 'its better
because y' when what they mean is 'I /think/ its better because y'.

> > I know what its like. I've made what I thought was a wonderful
> > change in some of my programs, only to find people say 'god thats
> > awful, whyd you do that?'
>
> Now the interesting part: did you undo the changes you made no matter
> how good they were (or are) in your opinion? Or maybe you provided two
> versions: one with the old way, one with the new way?

Sometimes one, sometimes the other. it depended on 1) how much the
project was for my own use 2) how much the userbase wanted the change 3)
wether or not I could get them to see the light ;-)

:)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org