New package installation page format

Bill's Linux From Scratch Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Jan 2 13:31:08 PST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> >On January 2, 2003 01:59 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> >

> >>But won't that stuff up the lfscmd command generation?
> >><snip>

> >Shouldn't be hard to change.
> >
> >Thing is if you type the commands in teh book including the last &&
> >you might be wondering why nothing is happening until you clue in that
> >bash is waiting for more input.
> >
> >Maybe Timothy can just insert &&'s at the end of lines (where
> >applicable you gotto be careful with &&'s in for-done loops I noticed)
> >and not on the last line.
> >

> Or just remove the && from everywhere and make a note in "How things are
> going to be done". T can upgrade lfscmd if it is not too complex.

Hey! Idea here! Remove them but don't have T upgrade. Why? Well, if the
"how things are going ..." is effective and we want the users to pay
attention, T lfscmds can gen the commands and the user can make decisions
about appropriate use and placement of the ampersands.

I *really* expect this will *not* be a popular idea, but thought I would
put it out there.

> --
> Tushar Teredesai
>    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~tushar/