New package installation page format

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Jan 2 13:48:03 PST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003 20:48:41 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> > At least if you said that I would be able to accept that. I just
> > find things hard to accept when people rationalise them by saying
> > 'its better because y' when what they mean is 'I /think/ its better
> > because y'.
>
> I'm sorry but I think that's something that's understood by everybody.

evidently not :)

> Everybody says anything and it's always in their opinion.

No, its not so clear cut. Saying 'water is dry' is wrong, wether or not
it is someones opinion.

> It's just not always said with those exact words.

Which is very annoying :)

> But since I'm not God Himself,
> I can't presume to know everything 100% guaranteed, so whatever I say
> is alwasy IMHO.

Sort of. Some people become experts in various fields, and you did
suggest that your opinion was 'expert' when you mentioned you taught
solaris.

> To preceed every sentence I write with IMO would get
> real annoying won't you think? ;)

IMO, it would ;-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org