New package installation page format

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 13:58:19 PST 2003

On January 2, 2003 02:51 pm, Ian Molton wrote:
> Now this is getting silly.
>
> Can one cut and paste or not?
>
> if the answer is no, then remove them. otherwise, put them in. you cant
> have it both ways.

Even if you can't copy and paste you still would want to seperate two commands
by && irregardless of how you get the data in your shell.

Then again, if you type make <enter> you'll see your system start working
right away so I doubt people will type make install right away. Now if you
copy and paste those two commands it'll be a different story.

Oh, these changes were not meant to bring a halt to copy&pasting. Sure it
makes it harder to do so, but that's not the reason for the changes. I would
still copy-n-paste everything from the book. Just to make sure I don't make
typo's when I'm testing the book's commands for errors.

Anyways this _is_ getting silly. If a command block in the book contains more
than one command, they will be seperated by &&'s. End of story/discussion.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org