New package installation page format

Bill's Linux From Scratch Login lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Jan 2 15:20:41 PST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On January 2, 2003 03:04 pm, Ian Molton wrote:
> > Disclaimer: Im not butting heads[...]

> Seeing an error then running make by accident might lead to having to restart
> from scratch. Then again, that might be a valueable lesson all in itself ;)

Aah! I knew it would get here. This is precisely why I suggested it. Now
don't misunderstand - I'm not *strongly* suggesting it. But with all the
discussions of how we get n00bs more quickly educated (*one* part of that
answer was to reduce c&p ability) and another was to pursue a way that
caused them to have to think a little and *apply* some of what they wre
*supposed* to have read in various parts of the book.

This little minor thing seemed it might be useful.

Again, I *don't* strongly suggest it and I proposed it only as a *small*
possibility to catch out those n00bs who *should* read closely but
skim over "those insignificant little details". I felt chances were good
that this sort of small thing might cause them to go back and read after a
"what the?" got them.

Downside is we *know* the stupid "why don't you have this in the book..."
postings start again.

*Sigh*.

> --
> Gerard Beekmans