Splitting up the 'mega' patches

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 15:29:13 PST 2003

Two mega patches remain in the book currently: Glibc and Man.

Glibc patch fixes these three things:
1) changes 'root' to '0'
2) changes $PERL and @PERL@ to /usr/bin/perl
3) libnss fix

I'll split this up in two patches:
1) the root + perl fix
2) the libnss fix

Man fixes:
1) comments out the "MANPATH /usr/man" line
2) adds -R to the PAGER variable
3) fixes the problem where it only formats up to 80 cols

I'll split this up in three patches
1) the MANPATH fix
2) the PAGER fix
3) the 80 cols fix

We could discuss combining the MANPATH + PAGER patch, but since they fix two
unrelated things (whereas the root+perl patch fix compile stoppers) I feel
it'll be best this way. I will start working on the new patches in a few
minutes and upload them later and of course update CVS book accordingly.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org