New package installation page format

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 15:33:26 PST 2003

On January 2, 2003 04:20 pm, Bill's Linux From Scratch Login wrote:
> Downside is we *know* the stupid "why don't you have this in the book..."
> postings start again.

Which can be rebutted with "Because we try to discourage copy-n-pasting of the
commands. You're supposed to type out commands. If you don't like this,
there's lfscmd and nALFS."

There, a nice rebuttal, yet friendly enough.

I think I'm persuaded to remove all the &&'s from the book now (well over time
as pages are transformed into the new layout). Let me mull over it a bit more
though, I don't want to make rash decisions.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org