New package installation page format

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Jan 2 16:55:21 PST 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:38:01 +0000 (UTC)
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org (Gerard Beekmans) wrote:

> Nobody copy-n-pastes for any other reason than to dump it to a shell
> to run it all (at least I can't see any other reasons. cat'ing
> lfscmd/glibc-2.3.1 is like copy-n-pasting if you need to append it to
> your own ALFS profiles for example and easier at it). Running a
> premade shell script shouldn't be much of an issue. It's less work
> too, don't have to use the mouse, switch from browser window to a
> command prompt window

I like cutting from the browser.

It means I can read the book as I go (looking for new stuff / changes)
and copy the commands when Im done.

running the shellscript (for me) would be significantly slower than
typing in the command, plus its more opaque. with c&p I SEE whats going
on the console, before it goes there, which is very important to my
sense of 'I know exactly how this was built'
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org