Splitting up the 'mega' patches

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 17:29:03 PST 2003

On January 2, 2003 05:32 pm, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I guess I'm arguing that each modification needs to be evaluated and the
> right tool (sed, gawk, perl, patch, etc.) used.

After having performed the act of pacing around my house, pondering a lot of
issues that have come up in the last few days (and while I was at it I
noticed a lot of obstacles in my path which indicates it's time to do a
thorough house cleaning. But that's a subject for lfs-chat) I've come to
agree with you on this.

I'll file a new bug in Bugzilla detailing which patches should be changed into
sed's (I don't think we need to use gawk or perl anywhere. Patch and sed
should be able to do it all). I might even get to it tonight. Most of the
sed's are of course in the LFS Museum (or for me, I'll just pull an old CVS
version of the XML files that used to have sed instructions in them) so it
should be a relatively quick change.

Btw, some patches are better suited as sed's, but sometimes a sed is too
complicated to type out. In those cases (if any) we'll just stick with a
patch.

Other emails regarding my pacing session will follow after dinner

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org