Gawk Uninstall Patch

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 19:22:55 PST 2003

On December 22, 2002 11:42 am, Mark Lee wrote:
> Also, the Gawk patch changes awkdatadir from @datadir@/awk to
> @datadir@/gawk. I suggest @datadir@/gawk-3.1.1, for systems with more than
> one version of gawk.

I included your uninstall fix, as well as the above suggestion and I made the
same change for awkdatadir - it also pointed to /usr/share/gawk (now
gawk-3.1.1)

I changed one line. You suggested:
rm -fr $(DESTDIR)$(datadir)/*

I changed it to "rm fr ...$(datadir)"

We might as well remove the entire /usr/share/gawk-3.1.1 directory, not just
the files in it and leave an empty directory around.

The patch is called gawk-3.1.1-3.patch. I have uploaded it, modified the book,
removed the uninstall warning from the book.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org