patches for flex-2.5.4a

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 19:26:59 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On December 30, 2002 11:13 pm, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>

>>Attached is a combination of various gcc and glibc related patches for
>>flex. Without the patch ttmkfdir fails to build.
>>

>Which ttmkfdir did you use? I downloaded one the other day and it compiled
>just fine. I probably either an old one or a different program written by
>somebody else with the same name since the one I got didn't even use flex.

The new version that depends on freetype-2.
<http://freshmeat.net/projects/ttmkfdir/>.

>So, what does the patch fix? Is it crucial?

It is a combination of 4 patches by redhat, unfortunately they don't
have much information on what the patches do. But here is what I got
from the ChangeLog in the spec file:

    * conflicting isatty() prototype w/ glibc 2.2.
    * gcc-3 related fixes.
    * ISO C++ 98 compliance.
    * YY_NO_INPUT patch.

--