Command consistency changes in ch5 packages

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 2 19:53:57 PST 2003

On December 31, 2002 09:55 am, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> In my yesterday's e-mail, I have specified all the packages that compile
> ok with the env var LDFLAGS set to "-static" and also the list of
> packages for which the instructions need to be changed.

Okay got it now.

<quote from lfs-book>
The following packages honor the env var:

    * diffutils
    * fileutils
    * findutils (needs to be changed in the book?)
    * gawk (needs to be changed in the book?)
    * grep
    * make (needs to be changed in the book?)
    * patch (needs to be changed in the book?)
    * sed (needs to be changed in the book?)
    * sh-utils (needs to be changed in the book?)
    * tar (needs to be changed in the book?)
    * texinfo
    * textutils (needs to be changed in the book?)
    * util-linux (needs to be changed in the book?)

The following packages don't honor the env var:

    * binutils
    * gzip
</quote>

I have updated the book for the packages you reported the env. var works
properly.

Note: layout is terrible. Long lines still need to be properly wrapped.
Note2: I didn't test my changes by building packages the the instructions so
typos may remain. So be aware of it when testing. If any typos are present
we'll find them eventually (if you guys go testing while I go get some sleep
soon, it'll save me some time testing tomorrow).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org