patches for flex-2.5.4a

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Jan 2 20:03:37 PST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 09:46:30PM -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> Greg Schafer wrote:
>
> >No offence dude, but I don't reckon its worth it (for inclusion in the book
> >that is). If we go down this path then we'll be scrutinizing every RPM and
> >DEB out there to see what patches we should be using. Also, ttmkfdir is
> >obsolete when X 4.3 is released.
> >

> None taken:) I don't have problems if the patch is not included. I just
> wanted to bring it to attention of someone who could decide whether they
> should be included or not.
>
> Actually, I don't think we should go looking for patches from Redhat,
> etal. I went on a fishing expidition coz I could not get ttmkfdir to
> compile and found the above patches. Only one of the patches was useful
> to fix ttmkfdir problem, but the patch names sounded important enough
> (glibc22, gcc3...).

Yeah I know what you mean. I often go on those fishing expeditions too :)
But I've always taken the view that we only patch where stuff is obviously
broken. That doesn't seem to the case here. But having said that, flex is
one of those packages that is (seemingly) not maintained so it may well
benefit from a bit of modernization.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org