After glibc-pass2, need to change path inform chroot old way may notwork anymore

Don Smith don_smith at att.net
Fri Jan 3 07:44:38 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Well the subject says it all...
>
> after glibc-pass2 without the glibc patch, /static/bin/bash may not work
> anymore (mind doens't as my host was a glibc-2.2.5 system) so if you exit
> chroot after the second GLibc install you can't enter chroot anymore with the
> commands at the beginning of chapter 6. We also have to change $PATH when
> exec'ing /bin/bash after the 2nd Glibc so /static isn't in $PATH anymore.
>
> So we might want to add a new chroot page after 2nd Glibc showing a new chroot
> command with modified path and so forth.

Yes, I have two shell scripts for this. chroot.sh:

#!/bin/sh
chroot $LFS /static/bin/env -i HOME=/root TERM=$TERM \
PS1='\u:\w\$ ' PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/static/bin \
TARBALLS=/archive/lfs-packages-4.0 \
/static/bin/bash --login

and chroot.dyn:

#!/bin/sh
chroot $LFS /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root TERM=$TERM \
PS1='\u:\w\$ ' PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin \
TARBALLS=/archive/lfs-packages-4.0 \
/bin/bash --login

Don
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org