New package installation page format

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 3 20:53:19 PST 2003

On January 3, 2003 12:00 pm, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> > Anyways this _is_ getting silly. If a command block in the book contains
> > more than one command, they will be seperated by &&'s. End of
> > story/discussion.
>
> If i understand you the following example illustrates:
>
> $ make &&
> $ make install
>
> (Uses "&&".)
>
> $ make LDFLAGS="-static"
> Setting LDFLAGS causes the package to be compiled statically.
> $ make install
>
> Doesn't use "&&".
>
> If so, i give it +1.

I think Ian (Ian, do correct me if I'm wrong) meant this:

We currently have this:

Run the following to install:
	make &&
	make install

Ian suggests remove &&'s alltogether because of various reasons, so it would
become:

Run the following to install:
	make
	make install

Since they aren't meant to be coyp-n-pasted, but run one command at a time.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org