Some files are installed by two packages (yet)

Rob Park rbpark at ualberta.ca
Mon Jan 6 05:17:28 PST 2003

Alas! James Spinks spake thus:
> This is because the GNU 'owned' programs try to force people to use info
> over the older (but still preferable) man system.  So they put minimal
> information in their own man page and just reference the info pages.  The
> pages shipped with the man-pages package are frequently rewrites of the info
> pages back into the older man format.

Is there a way to automate the conversion of info pages into man pages?
I'd really like to see something along those lines, as I don't
particularly like the 'info' interface as much as man's.

I suppose if I bothered to learn the actual syntax to man pages and info
pages, it would not be difficult to write a perl script that does this.
However, I just wanted to know whether or not it's been done already ;)

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org