bash and kernel man pages

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 6 08:12:40 PST 2003

On January 5, 2003 03:34 am, Michael Brömer wrote:
> I noticed that /bin/bash is has no link /bin/sh anymore
> in CVS. Is this by purpose?

The symlink is created early in chapter 6 already, just after you create the
mtab symlink.

> Wouldn't it be "more logical" to build and install the
> kernel man pages when we build and install the
> kernel in chapter 8?

I consider the man pages more of a package installation, creating a kernel in
chapter 8 is a 'thing' on itself, quite seperate. You wouldn't want to re-run
the man pages installation every time you use those instructions to create a
new kernel.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org