Bug 215: Nonexistant?

Steve Martin smartie at netcomuk.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 02:33:18 PST 2003

Seth Klein wrote:
> It's the symlink /usr/man -> share/man. I personally have two
> directories and fix packages with the eventual goal of removing
> /usr/man. Most packages honor a config.site file.

I personally have never used the /usr/man directory, or the symlink to
/usr/share/man.  It is generally possible to pass --infodir=/usr/share/info
and --mandir=/usr/share/man to ./configure, and in those few instances where
autoconf has not been used, or is too old, you can always do make
MANDIR=/usr/share/man.  It is just a question of doing the right thing.

Cheers, Steve Martin

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org