install-log .. package control

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 10 06:27:39 PST 2003

On January 8, 2003 06:42 am, Rob Park wrote:
> Ok, whatever. But actually picking one and putting it in the book is a
> waste of effort.

I'll remind you guys of that checklfs stuff that might make it into the book.
Those scripts use installation logfiles to check your LFS installation
against (to make sure you got the right files in the right places, and if
you're in chapter 5 it does the additional check to make sure everything is
statically linked). Now, checklfs will also come with the scripts that create
these installation logfiles. That's basically your simple package manager
there. The book won't be using the scripts as such but point out their
existence. I've trown in a rudimentary uninstall script for free to finish it
off. It's nowhere near perfect (but then again it's not meant as a pkg
manager so I don't spend too much time and work on it. It's the checklfs
script I spent most of my time on)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org