install-log .. package control

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 10 06:29:58 PST 2003

On January 8, 2003 01:19 pm, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> Some of those cases arguablly needed, others are a fault in the
> book's package selection. There are a number of such faults and
> i always end up discovering that there's a reason for them.

It's a balancing act. Yes, the system installed will be at minimum able to
reproduce itself and a lot of software isn't needed. I also tried getting a
well-rounded system in place that's able to meet most of your software
development needs, some basic networking and such. There is a lot more that
could be added, or removed for that matter. But over time we've come to agree
that the current set of packages is more or less a good enough balance
between minimum system and well-rounded (then there's the matter of 'ed' of
course).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org