Perception of LFS

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Jan 12 02:48:16 PST 2003

Hi

Someone mentioned this on lfs-support. I found this reference and it is
really quite disturbing:-

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103573111822917&w=2

Alan Cox says:

"I get so many weird never duplicated reports from linux from scratch people
that don't happen to anyone else that I treat them with deep suspicion.
Especially because it sometimes goes away if they instead build the same
kernel with Debian/Red Hat/.. binutils/gcc"

Now THAT is the kind of thing that makes my blood curdle. See my earlier
post about binutils. Maybe we should upgrade to HJ's binutils so that we are
"keeping up with the Jones's" and we are not treated like black sheep. And
maybe we should start building the kernel with gcc-2.95.x like the docs
say.. And maybe we should start... etc, etc, etc...

Does anyone care about these sorts of issues?

In a "perfect world", LFS would be an enterprise employing real life paid
developers, and maybe then we might be taken seriously? FFS..

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org