Interesting binutils related stuff

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Sun Jan 12 04:59:52 PST 2003

Hi

While I'm on the subject. I found this on the glibc maintainer's site:-

http://people.redhat.com/drepper/

Down near the bottom he talks about his new elfutils

"I am currently working on a new set of binary utilities. They are meant to
replace GNU binutils at least on my machine. The goal is to have all the
commonly used functionality which is important on and for Linux available.
Plus: fewer limitations (and bugs) when it comes to ELF file handling."

elfutils appeared in the latest RH beta. The prelink package in that beta
was linked against this elfutils.

Thought someone may find the link interesting.

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org