Perception of LFS

Dario Birtic dariobirtic at gmx.net
Mon Jan 13 09:38:44 PST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:55:49 +0000 (UTC)
ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net (Ken Moffat) wrote:

>  If you use RH, all this is taken care of before you get to build a
> kernel (we're talking aboout "bug reports" on the kernel mailing
> list). I believe the original post on the l-k thread was from someone
> building LFS whose kernel had problems, and who assumed it must be a
> kernel problem - I don't remember seeing any postings from him on
> lfs-support.

	Ok, I must comment on this. The actual problem report was kernel oops,
let's see, after building all together, and actually using one LFS
system. Hm, that pretty much rules out "didn't follow the book newbie
and kernel can't find include directory" problem? So, it was something
*with* the kernel actually, or with the tools (here we go) used to build
it. So, Alan said that tools chain is incomplete, inconsistent and here
we are. Blame the book, our beloved LFS book. The tool chain, cccc.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org