Perception of LFS

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Mon Jan 13 09:41:47 PST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:00:18 -0700 Rob Park <rbpark at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> But the important bit is, did your fixes get re-absorbed into their
> projects?

My simpleinit fixes weren't as the "maintainer" isn't actually doing much
maintenance (I'm pretty sure the current simpleinit in util-linux still
has the local/possibly remote root hole that was reported more than 1/2 a
year ago). That's why I had to fork the project. We'll see about Ion and
XWPE.

> If they did, then that's truly the beauty of open source:
> they may not have been interested in fixing it themselves, but now that
> it's fixed, everybody may benefit from it.

Let's hope so. It's a bitch to maintain external patches or even a
complete code fork.

MSB

--
I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org