Good morning from a newbie

Wouter Van Hemel wouter at pair.com
Mon Jan 13 13:03:04 PST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, David Barron wrote:

[...]
> ./configure &&
> make &&
> make install &&
> echo 'Finished'
>
> This was particularly helpful for me, especially during the longer
> "configure, make, make install" cycles.  If it showed Finished then I
> knew the process completed successfully.

Be careful. I noticed that some compilations return 0 at the end while
there were compilation problems somewhere along the way (I don't remember
if it was glibc or gcc, I'm sorry). I scripted my lfs-install, and it took
a while to get that part of my software was not installed, since I totally
missed the compilation error because it scrolled away.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org