FAQ: bash ./configure: No such file or directory

Jochen Schröder jschrod at uni-muenster.de
Mon Jan 13 16:26:24 PST 2003

Hey Guys,
I don't post to lfs-dev very often, but I have a suggestion for the
FAQ's. I noticed quite a bit of newbies, post that they can't compile
bash because they didn't cd into the source directory. Maybe this should
be included in the FAQs, maybe also add something like: "read chap2
again really carefully, get familiar with linux ...yada..yada"
If they look at the FAQs for "No such file or directory" they just find
that they must have compiled something dynamically in chap5.
A newbie is probably going to be confused by this, and might be
prevented from using the FAQs for later problems. Also it pops up so
often, that it is definitly a FAQ.
Just my 2 euro cents
Cheers
Jochen