package names

kris at intra-team.de kris at intra-team.de
Tue Jan 14 00:20:32 PST 2003

thanx a lot for this hint.
kris

On 13 Jan 2003 at 13:35, Matthias Benkmann wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:49:06 +0100 kris at intra-team.de wrote:

> I made a perl skript for a nice installation and handle my changes in a
> confortably way. I wonder about a few packaes  and have to discuss that.
> The most tar.bz will be unpacked in a dir name exacly like the tar
> called. So it was easy to build up a routine to stepin and stepout to
> make the installation:

Why does everyone want to hardwire paths and version numbers?
Check out my buildit script at

http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-
support/2002/10/0747.html

it is independent of the version number or what it extracts to. It
achieves this by extracting in a clean directory and then searching for
the most promising directory created when extracting the package
tarballs.

MSB

p.s.: Further questions regarding the writing of build scripts should go
to lfs-support.

--
Nietzsche: God is dead!

God: Nietzsche is dead!