binutils

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 14 12:28:01 PST 2003

On January 13, 2003 04:37 pm, Greg Schafer wrote:
> Well, its not my call really. I'm just a humble LFS'er who happens to find

But I do value your opinion highly. You're of few who does a lot of research
on this aspect of the system.

Anyways, use HJ's binutils release or not. It hinges on the "why would we
upgrade" question. Of all the great bug fixes that go into the HJ release, is
there actually something in there that we can benefit from? Or does it fix a
number of those "highly improbably but still possible" bugs that hardly
anybody runs into unless they are doing things that doesn't include main
stream stuff (ie: compiling an every day package the normal way).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org