FAQ vs. Immediate Answer?

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Wed Jan 15 09:48:53 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:30, Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> Misunderstood?

No, I understood your question just fine.
However, I think you missed my point.  Since it is considered an insult
to the community to ask a FAQ it seems only reasonable to point this out
by directing the offending party to the FAQ.

If an individual answers a FAQ question rather then simply saying "read
the FAQ" they too, are wasting bandwidth and man-hours of the
community.  Additionally, their answer may not be quite correct/tested
or explain as well as the appropriate section of the FAQ.  In this
latter case there would be an added burden put upon the community to
correct this mis-information.

In regards to your seeming desire for the community to lay down rigid
rules of behavior, if that is the type of community you desire go join
the military or something.  :-)

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,