FAQ vs. Immediate Answer?

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Wed Jan 15 10:49:39 PST 2003

Bill's LFS Login wrote:
> In this recent exchange, an admonishment to *not* directly post
> answers that are contained in the FAQ is posted. I believe this
> "policy" is open for discussion, based on previous activity on this
> list.
<snip>

I think I usually try to answer the question first, using a minimalist
approach and pointing to the proper LFS or BLFS page, or info doc, or
man page, or hint or whatever the appropriate doc to find the more
complete answer to the poster's question.  I've never conciously thought
about my replies, just give what I thought necessary.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org