directories in /var/run disappear on boot?

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Wed Jan 15 11:03:58 PST 2003

> On January 14, 2003 09:37 pm, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> >
> > Speed is of the essence. Especially when we're two months late already.
> > If there's a reason you didn't apply that immediately, i'd like to
> > know what it is so i can try to save you work by fixing it.
>
> Low priority. You know I've been busy the last months and only recently I've
> had time to work on LFS. And there are a million things that are rolling
> right now. It'll take a few days/weeks to get everything dealt with. The
> bootscripts aren't on my high priority list yet. Though I'd like to get
> lfs-bootscripts-1.11 out for the LFS-5.0 release. This cleanfs fix will go
> into it, a few more fixes that are already in Bugzilla. The other
> enhancements can wait.

I thoroughly understand waiting with enhancements but the patch in
question is a bugfix that is bothering users and you have a sponser
for the patch who is willing to attempt to do the difficult work.
I am distressed to hear that this is low priority.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein

P.S. I do apologize for not giving up on this :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org