directories in /var/run disappear on boot?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 15 11:16:36 PST 2003

On January 15, 2003 12:03 pm, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> I thoroughly understand waiting with enhancements but the patch in
> question is a bugfix that is bothering users and you have a sponser
> for the patch who is willing to attempt to do the difficult work.
> I am distressed to hear that this is low priority.

I'm not going to release a new bootscripts package with just one fix in it,
just to release another one in a week or so with the rest.

Unless somebody feels like tackling all of the outstanding bugs. Go to
bugzilla bug #325, see what's there for enhancements and actual bug fixes
(i'm sure somebody can use their own judgement to discern what is what).
Checkout bootscripts from CVS, apply all bug fixes, send me something that
can be called lfs-bootscripts-1.12. If that somebody is somebody with a good
track record LFS submission wise I won't even take hours to QA it, just
accept it and test it later.

Fair enough?

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org