coreutils release anytime soon?

Steve Martin smartie at netcomuk.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 13:08:33 PST 2003

On 15 January 2003 18:21 Seth W.Klein did write:
> "Steve Martin" <smartie at netcomuk.co.uk> wrote:
/ snip

> > > FHS dictates that certain binaries are supposed to be in
> > > /bin. We've added a
> > > few ourselves because of programs used in the bootscripts. It
> > > would at least
> > > be less work in the mv commands.
> >
> > Sounds to me like the maintainer needs to add an
> sbin_PROGRAMS line to
> > Makefile.am.
>
> Yes, that changes /usr/bin/chroot to /usr/sbin/chroot which is needed.
>
> > There would also be less mv commands if --prefix was set to /
> > instead of /usr.
>
> But there would be more configure switches because you have to set
> --mandir, --infodir, and perhaps others.

True, thing is I set them all the time anyway 'cos I don't like the symlink
from man to share/man.  You could try:

	./configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/bin

now that'd save some mv instructions.

Steve Martin

Couldn't think of anything witty to write here.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org