Version number of next LFS release

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 15 17:56:40 PST 2003

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

>On January 15, 2003 05:19 pm, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
>

>>(&%(!&$(@!&, sigh.  So much for the blfs-book staying as a seperate
>>entity.

Gotcha:) That's why I began with "I think...". I made the suggestion coz
IMO this may be an FAQ on blfs-support (even if the compatible LFS
version is included in the introductory chapter).

>I agree it won't be workable. We'd have to coordihat nate new releases all the
>time. What if there isn't anything in BLFS changed since the last LFS release
>(unlikely, but just a theory)...we'd release BLFS again without changes. Kind
>of odd.

That would be unlikely since an LFS release is not very frequent. Also
there are no major packages in BLFS that would require an version
increment, so lfs could always be  the driver.

But anyways I don't have strong feelings either way.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org