Version number of next LFS release

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 15 20:46:59 PST 2003

Timothy Bauscher wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 08:50:44PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>

>>Because we have so many more packages than LFS, we will always need to
>>roll the version number at least as fast as LFS.
>>

>Matching version numbers doesn't seem worth the effort involved.
>Would releases have to be coordinated between both projects?

I don't think so, the version number could be driven by LFS. I don't
think think there is any prominent pkg in BLFS (similar to glibc/gcc)
that would warrant increase in the BLFS version numbers, so intermediate
BLFS releases could follow x.x.x format.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   http://www.geocities.com/tushar/

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org