Cross linking our Ch5 build against a new glibc

Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au Ryan.Oliver at pha.com.au
Fri Jan 17 05:00:55 PST 2003

Greetings all,

Just completed my third build of the initial toolchain,
Mr Fubar came to visit the script I sent in earlier :-/

Firstly, during the second binutils build we have to rebuild the
lot, not just ld (ld needs to find bfd)

Secondly I added extra escapes into the horrible sed
command I used to hack in -DSTANDARD_INCLUDE_DIR to escape
the brackets around $(libdir).

Apart from that it has all hung together...

The only other thing to note is that it might be required to export
CFLAGS="-isystem /static/include" when building everything after
the toolchain as I am still not too sure if I have
managed to get around the default header search path (someone a little
more knowledgeable may want to take a look)

Anyway, I've attached the revised script for those that want to have a
play, will let you guys know how the rest fares ( and will look at
writing up a more lucid explanation of how this works )

Best Regards
Ryan Oliver

Peter Harding and Associates Pty. Ltd.
Eml: ryan.oliver at pha.com.au